Outdoor Painting Groups
Come out on a Sunday in each month and enjoy outdoor painting in the good company of our members. We have two groups – Wellington and Kapiti – and you can paint with either or both.
Each group meets on Sunday morning, then has lunch together, either at a nearby café or picnic at the painting location.
The outdoor painting sessions have a co-ordinator for each group - Wellington and Kapiti.
To be on the list to receive email confirmation a few days prior to each session, please give your email address to the co-ordinator who will be the ‘go-to’ person in case of doubtful weather
are organised and tutored by selected experienced artists on a voluntary basis.
are co-ordinated by Audrey Moore and will have a volunteer ‘meeter & greeter’ for each session. Phone Audrey Moore on (04) 9046382.
Monthly Painting Groups are FREE
. If you are not a member, come along and try it out. No obligation, join up there and then if you wish to continue. We paint all year round - only serious rain puts us off!
See some PHOTOS
of our outdoor painting.
The committee values the work of the regional coordinators. If you live in another region of New Zealand and wish to become a coordinator for MPG outings in your region, please contact us
See suggested list of art materials for outdoor painting group
- Followed by coffee/brunch in a nearby café
- 15 Dec - Scorching Bay Beach, Karaka Bay Road
- Sunday 19 - January Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club, Oriental Parade, Oriental Bay
- Sunday 16 February -Lady Norwood Rose Garden, Botanic Gardens, Kelburn
Coordinator: Audrey Moore
(04) 904 6382
Please note: We are changing to the second Sunday in the month, as it is more suitable for the regular painters.
- 12 January - Otaki River mouth area (south end of Marine Parade, Otaki Beach)
- 9 February - Shirley Sutton’s garden, 43 Tui Crescent, Waikanae
- 8 March - Eppie Murton’s garden & studio, 111 Ngatiawa Road, Reikorangi. Across railway line at Waikanae (Elizabeth St)
Copyright © Watercolour New Zealand and its contributors. All Rights Reserved.