Outdoor Painting Groups
Come out on a Sunday in each month and enjoy outdoor painting in the good company of our members.
We have two groups – Wellington
– and you can paint with either or both.
Each group meets on Sunday morning, then has lunch together, either at a nearby café or picnic at the painting location.
The outdoor painting sessions have a co-ordinator for each group - Wellington
To be on the list to receive email confirmation a few days prior to each session, please give your email address to the co-ordinator who will be the ‘go-to’ person in case of doubtful weather
are organised and tutored by selected experienced artists on a voluntary basis.
are co-ordinated by Audrey Moore and will have a volunteer ‘meeter & greeter’ for each session. Phone Audrey Moore on (04) 9046382.
Monthly Painting Groups are FREE
. If you are not a member, come along and try it out. No obligation, join up there and then if you wish to continue. We paint all year round - only serious rain puts us off!
See some PHOTOS
of our outdoor painting.
The committee values the work of the regional coordinators. If you live in another region of New Zealand and wish to become a coordinator for MPG outings in your region, please contact us
See suggested list of art materials for outdoor painting group
- Followed by coffee/brunch in a nearby café
- Sunday 15 March - Breaker Bay, Breaker Bay Road, Seatoun (meet at the carpark, just through the Pass of Branda)
- Sunday 19 April - Otari-Wilton bush, Wilton Road (meet at the entrance to the plant museum)
- Sunday 17 May - Frank Kitts Park (South end overlooking the lagoon), Waterloo Quay, Wellington CBD waterfront
Coordinator: Audrey Moore
(04) 904 6382
Please note: We are changing to the second Sunday in the month, as it is more suitable for the regular painters.
- 8 March - Eppie Murton’s garden & studio, 111 Ngatiawa Road, Reikorangi. Across railway line at Waikanae (Elizabeth St)
- 5 April - Paraparaumu Beach shops and beachfront area.
- 10 May - Otaki rail area, station, pub, shops, old courthouse, old houses Dunstan Street
- 14 June - Waikanae Beach “Olde” area, shops etc., beach
Copyright © Watercolour New Zealand and its contributors. All Rights Reserved.