Hope you’re all revved up, inspired, paint brushes flying, getting your entries ready for Splash at the Cathedral. And..... if you put your best efforts forward, one of your entries could be in the running for the Supreme Award with a $750 prize
, our guest artist, has some fine artworks ready.
The exhibition will be officially opened by the Honourable Bill English who will talk briefly about the value of investing in art.
In mid August we’ll be posting out your personal invitation to the Grand Opening, so watch the mail. Below are some info reminders and a few don’t forgets FYI:
- Entry forms can be downloaded and printed from here and remember they are to be received by 23rd August.
- Max frame width is 800mm.
- Please ensure that you attach actual photos of your entries to your entry form, (no digital images sorry) and post to Watercolour New Zealand PO Box 33088 Petone Lower Hutt 5046.
- Receiving Day: Delivery by local artists: Saturday 31 August 4.30pm – 6pm at Wellington Cathedral. Use the side entrance in Molesworth Street.
- Note: If you hand deliver, but intend to have unsold works returned by PBT Courier, then you must supply strong packaging with your artworks on Receiving Day.
- AND the venue is the new cathedral, on the corner of Molesworth and Hill Street in Thorndon. It is across from National Library and Parliament, (It is not 'Old St Pauls').
We Need You!
Your committee is working hard and voluntarily in order to get this exhibition off the ground for you but we can’t do it without your help. As a result of the call for help in the last E- newsletter, we weren't quite overwhelmed with the response. One member responded which is great but we know there are more of you out there that would dearly like to get involved. Join us and share the fun and challenge of getting an exhibition together and help make it a success.
Opportunities on Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd September are to learn to hang and layout an exhibition. We need lots of help on Receiving Day Saturday 31 August from 4pm -7pm and on Collection Day Monday 16 September.
Judy is waiting by the phone to hear from you. Phone 04 934 3046 or email email@example.com Minder positions for the Front Desk are being filled quickly so please phone Dianne on 934 2358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you get the slot that suits you best.