Watercolour New Zealand National Watercolour Exhibition Splash at the Cathedral
5th to 15th September 2013
Wellington Cathedral of St Paul
45 Molesworth Street
Monday to Saturday 9am to 4.30pm
Sunday 9am to 6pm
Free Lunchtime Demos
12pm to 2pm daily
Guest Artist: Roger Daniell
Below is one of Roger Daniell's paintings for the exhibition entitled "Can I have a turn?"
Roger's paintings have a wonderful translucency about them as shown in this fine example. Roger will be at the Opening and will also give a floor Talk about his paintings on Sunday 8 September at 11.30am.
DON'T BRING A PLATE!
- Yes, we're breaking from the great kiwi tradition of 'Bring a Plate'; instead, when you bring your paintings in on Saturday, instead of bringing a plate, please bring your son (or any other strong man in your life, your neighbour, a boy scout ,any strong hands appreciated). We need a team to bring up a pile of screens from the church crypt and set them up in the cathedral aisles. Ever been in a church crypt before? then here's your chance. + we need your help, Duleep and I can't do it alone.
"Ring Claire NOW on 236 7928 if you can bring someone to help with the lifting."
- we have received a wonderful selection of entries and this is promising to be another great exhibtion. If you missed the deadline of 23rd Aug but would still like to get your paintings in, then here's your lucky chance, please send your entry in ASAP.- directly to our treasurer Michael Bain PO box 33088 Petone.
If you have been rattled by the earthquakes, no need to worry, exhibntion organisier, Claire Clark was standing right underneath the main pillars when the big one struck last week, The whole building swayed as one and is standing up to them as solid as a bell.
You should all have received you invite by now, thanks Dan Reeve for doing a sterling job of preparing these,
Promoting our Exhibition
Please make and effort and help us with promotion by downloading our flyer and emailing this to all your friends and family. Help us get the word out as much as possible to help make this exhibition a success. We want to sell your paintings. We also have hard copy flyers for letterbox drop offs and cafes around town. If you would like a pile for art buyers in your area, please see Helen Wilson when you deliver your paintings.
- We need hanging teams on Monday 2 September, mid afternoon and on Tuesday 3 September.
Opening night - Wed 4 September
- Help is required for a clean up after the opening do from 7.30pm - 9pm. It is promising to be an enjoyable evening with Michael's Jazz Trio entertaining us. The exhibition will be officially opened by the Hon Bill English who will also present the lucky recipient the Supreme award.
Morning Tea - Sunday 8th Sept
- One or two more offers from scone makers and helpers.
Packup Monday - 16 September
Helping with member Collection and packing courier parcels. Especially need a few men with muscles again for about an hour on Monday morning 16 September to help carry display panels back down into the crypt.
If you are able to help, Judy is waiting to hear from you. email Judy
or phone Judy on (04) 934 3046.
Exhibition Minder Roster
- Positions for the Front Desk are still availiable. Please email Dianne
or phone Dianne on (04) 934 2358 to ensure you get the slot that suits you best.
A huge thank you
to Claire Clark for the fantastic job you are doing in pulling this exhibition together.
MAP Wellington Cathedral of St Paul
, 45 Molesworth Street, Thorndon, Wellington
View Larger Map